Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most commonly asked questions that we receive. If you have a question not listed here, or if you would rather ask us than read about it, give us a shout...we are here to help.
- Are there any hidden fees?
- No, our pricing is simple and straight-foward. For more information, check out our pricing page.
- Can I change to a different theme after I purchase my website?
- Yes, in just a few clicks, you can quickly and easily change to any theme at any time.
- Can I track how many visitors visit my website?
- Yes. Upon request, we can enable SmarterStats for your eCatholic website for no extra charge. Or, you can quickly and easily embed Google Analytics into your eCatholic website.
SmarterStats is a robust website traffic statistics program that allows you to analyze the traffic to your website in great detail. To enable SmarterStats for your website, simply e-mail customer support with your request.
- Can I upgrade to another package after I purchase?
- Yes, you can upgrade to another package at anytime.
- Does the monthly price for an eCatholic website include e-mail accounts?
- Yes, each eCatholic website includes up to 50 e-mail accounts and 250 MB of e-mail storage per domain.
- Does the monthly price for an eCatholic website include hosting?
- Yes, all eCatholic websites include hosting on our dedicated servers.
- How much disk space do I get with my eCatholic website?
- Disk space various depending on which package you purchase. Keep in mind, however, that when you upload pictures to your eCatholic website, the pictures are automatically optimized for the web. For example, if you upload a 3 MB picture, it is automatically optimized down to around 50-100 KB.
- If I were to exceed my disk space limit, can I purchase more disk space?
- Yes. If you are on the Standard Package or Essential Package, you would simply upgrade to a higher package. If you are already on the Premium Package, you can purchase an additional 500 MB of space for an additional $5.00 per month.
- Is there any software to install to update my eCatholic website?
- No. All eCatholic websites are updated using our custom, secure, web-based Content Management System that can be accessed from any computer with internet access.
- Can I use my current domain name for my eCatholic website?
- Yes. Once you purchase your eCatholic website, we will set-up your new website and give you a temporary URL so that you can begin updating your new eCatholic website. Once you are finished updating your new website, you will just need to point the domain name to our servers. It's that simple.
- I don't have a domain name, can I still get an eCatholic website?
- Yes. You can register a domain name yourself before purchasing your eCatholic website by visiting www.gkg.net. If you need any assistance with this process, just let us know. We would be glad to help.
- What is a domain name?
- A domain name is an unique name that points to a specific website on the internet. For example, "eCatholicWebsites.com" is the domain name for this website.
- How long does it take for my new eCatholic website to be set-up?
- Depending on the time of day that you order your eCatholic website, you should receive your "welcome" e-mail within 1-3 hours, sometimes longer. Some orders can take up to half a day to process and set-up (if order is placed outside our office hours). In most cases, you should be able to begin updating your new eCatholic website in a matter of hours (if not minutes) from the time that you place your order.
- How do I go live with both my website AND email?
- Log into your registrar, the company through whom you registered your domain name, and change the Name Servers to the following:
- How do I go live with just my website (and leave my e-mail accounts where they are)?
- Log into your name servers and change your "@" A RECORD to 126.96.36.199. Your www record should be listed as a CNAME that points to the "@" A RECORD, but if your www record is an A Record, you will need to point that to 188.8.131.52 as well.